It is definitely starting to feel like fall here in Milwaukee and I’ve noticed some cravings for carbs creep in. Giving into the craving is guilt free with these protein, fruit packed muffins.
This gluten-free pumpkin muffin with dark chocolate chips make for the perfect balance of fluffy texture and spiced sweet flavors.
Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free baking flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- ½ c chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1, 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 bag chocolate dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Combine all dry ingredients (except sugar) together in a large bowl
- Using an electric mixer beat the eggs, sugar, melted butter and pumpkin until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and chocolate chips and mix together. Once mixed, the batter should be thick.
- Fill each cup of a non-stick muffin tray ¾ full with batter
- Bake for 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick around 20-22 minutes.