Summer is officially in full swing and zucchini is in an abundance. So Amanda and I decided to combine forces to share two zucchini recipes for your guys to try this summer.
I made a few minor changes to this recipe, but I stumbled across these Zucchini Enchiladas on Facebook. Rather than type the recipe out, I will send you to the video that does a beautiful job showing the steps of this recipe. Get your ingredients ready before you head over there! The recipe can be found here.
- 1 Tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tsp. chili powder
- 3 cups of shredded chicken (I cook mine in the crock pot all day so it’s easy to shred)
- 1 and 1/3 cup Easy Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 cup of Mexican Style Blend Shredded Cheese
The dish made enough food for my lunches for the week!
These Zucchini Fritters are amazingly easy to make (like, step 1 = zoodles) and ADD so much flavor and substance as any main or side dish!
I love cooking with zucchinis because they are so versatile and can be used in sweets and baking or become super savory like these fritters I’m showing off today.
Zucchini are just one of so many yummy vegetables and fruits available during the summer season and since I always have them, I decided to try something different this time.
My zucchini fritters were inspired by Stupid Easy Paleo and tweaked with other herbs and ingredients from my kitchen and this morning’s market run.
- 2 medium zucchini, ZOODLE shredded & cut (4-5 cups)
- 2 Garlic Shoots
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Dash of lemon pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- + coco and truffle oil for pan frying
- Step 1: Shred zoodles & chop all herbs of your choice
- Step 2: Measure and mix all dry ingredients (flour and spices)
- Step 3: Mix both with egg
- Step 4: Preheat pan or cast iron with coconut truffle oil mixture
- Step 5: Pan fry on medium to med-low for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on each side
Enjoy with a burger for dinner and the leftovers with an egg for breakfast!